Tuesday, April 21, 2009

AK-47


When I was in the country of Thailand. I had the opportunity to shoot an AK-47, and believe me I jumped at it. Shooting an automatic weapon for the first time is an experience you will never forget. I remember giving it a few test shots just to see how the recoil was, but the 7.62x39mm round is shorter than a .308 round with a projectile of the same diameter, so it was quite mild, so I thought this will be easy. I was wrong. As soon as I held down the trigger I almost immediately was thrown off target by the muzzle jump, and proceeded to quickly let go of the trigger, then looked to see the range master laughing his head off. Just a little embarrassing. Now with some experience, I tried again, and am happy to report I handled it much better then on my first go. I actually managed to pull together a reasonable group of 4 or 5 rounds on the targets chest. The fact that I managed to hit it was good enough, this is coming from someone who has been shooting since he was 6. Again just a little embarrassing. Seriously, It was very fun to shoot and I recommend trying it if you ever have the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter